LEED® level sustainability, every day.
The most recent addition to Port Chester’s Renaissance, The Mariner has what it takes to ensure you a greener, healthier future. A model of sustainable living, The Mariner's reputation for sustainability was envisioned from the start as a match for the requirements of LEED® Silver status.
Green dream. Top team. Great results.
The Mariner was designed by Sullivan Architectural Group, known for expertise in sustainable, energy-efficient design and construction. With LEED® Silver values as the goal, the team set the bar high, incorporating features and amenities that would meet or exceed expectations. And they do - The Mariner excels in categories including design, innovation, site sustainability, water and energy efficiency, indoor environment quality, materials, resources, and more.
The Mariner's Outstanding Green Features
Recycled Materials and Processes
- Use of recycled construction materials: Concrete, padding, carpets, gypsum board, etc.
- Recycle 70% of waste generated during construction
- Use sustainably harvested domestic species for wood flooring
Energy and Cost Efficiency Strategies
- High insulation factors for walls, floors, and roof
- White roofing reduces rooftop heat accumulation
- Energy efficient lighting throughout
- Energy efficient appliance suites
- High efficiency and nearly-silent HVAC
- Ultra-high efficient (96%) gas heating
- Low-E coated windows to reduce Solar-Heat-Gain
Top Notch Interior Air and Sound Quality
- Ventilated kitchens
- Improved ventilation of bathrooms
- Airflow isolation between apartments, both vertically and horizontally
- Non-VOC adhesives, caulks, & paints throughout
- Enhanced sound insulation between units
Sustainable Exterior and Carbon Footprint Enhancements
- Efficient landscaping irrigation systems
- Drought resistant landscaping and plantings
- Easy foot access to public transportation
How to Live Green Forever at The Mariner.
Our sustainable design and construction. Your continued commitment to green living! By choosing The Mariner, you have demonstrated an interest in living a sustainable life. We invite you to join us in our commitment to green living by extending initiatives beyond your living quarters, and integrating it into your daily life. Whether you prefer to begin your journey through green education, shopping, cooking, or recycling, here are some links to resources that can help get you started:
Guides and Tips on Green Living
Local Port Chester Resources
New York State Resources
Shop for your favorite green blogs here: